1. At work, I have successfully launched phase one of my new project. Trust me, the details will bore you, but it was a LOT of work and involved making a LOT of people happy.. and thus far.. it seems to be working.. cross your fingers for me..
2. I went down to Carlsbad last weekend and spent a couple of days with the 'Ladies'. It may be our last year in the Condo (since a wrecking ball is going to tear the place down to make way for bigger and better things). It was a fun couple of days full of good conversation, good food and one beautiful beach (even if the sun went behind some clouds Friday afternoon!!). Here's a picture of the whole crew:
and the view:
3. We have successfully run an entire tank of 50% diesel / 50% recycled vegetable oil through my car with no problems!! Chad has it in his too.. but he's only used a quarter of a tank. It ran quieter, smoother and got the same gas milage! Woo hoo! One step closer to independence from gas prices.
4. We have gone from a 5-car family to a 3-car family. Chad purchased a used Diesel Excursion about a month ago to replace both his Ranger pickup and my Explorer. This left us with 5 cars.. yep.. an entire fleet. In fact, our driveway was beginning to look like a used car lot. However, after this weekend we're back down to three. Chad's brother is going to take the Hyundai off our hands and a nice family came by yesterday and bought the Ranger. So.. anyone out there want a gently used Explorer? In tribute to our fleet.. here are pics of the two that have found new homes:
5. Chad was set apart as YM President today, and yesterday we spent the day with the youth on their annual beach trip. We set out for Manhattan Beach at 9:30am. Got down there, had a hard time finding parking.. finally made it to the beach at 11:00 or so.. and were down there until 3:00 and didn't get home until 6:30. Needless to say we were beat. But.. the beach was beautiful.. the kids had a blast.. everyone made it home alive (although one of the boys did require rescuing by the Lifeguards).. and I do not have one ounce of sunburn on me. Yep.. it was a pretty successful day. Here are a few shots from the beach:
I must admit I HATE being bored.. but now that I'm here, on Sunday night, exhausted and knowing there's just another week of insanity ahead.. I sometimes wish I had just a tad more boredom in my life... and we don't even have any kids yet.. I can't even imagine..
2 comments:
Never a dull moment! Congratulations with the feat accomplished at work...
Well, if you're bored I could send Tanner over and you could potty train him!
Post a Comment