Friday, August 22, 2008

Olympics

I have always LOVED the olympics. I don't know what it is exactly. Perhaps it's the concept of the whole world getting together; perhaps it's being able to witness so many dreams coming to fruition after so many years of hard work; perhaps it's the patriotism from cheering for the US competitors you've never even heard of; perhaps just the spirit of competition; or perhaps it's all the cheesy over-dramatic comentary.

Whatever it is, there is no doubt, I LOVE the olympics -- so much so that I've had two rather sleepless weeks. No matter what I did, I didn't seem capable of going to bed when Michael Phelps was about to swim, or Shawn Johnson was trying yet again to win that elusive gold, or Misty May-Tranor and Kerri Walsh were beating yet another opponent, or.. well.. if there was olympic coverage of any type on.

Yep.. I admit it.. I'm an Olympics addict...

So in honor of all of those who have competed and won or lost in the last two weeks (and all of those around me who have had to deal with my sleepy crankiness), I thought I'd post some pics of my favorite memories of the past two weeks.




2 comments:

ShelBailey said...

We TIVO'd it and watched everything a day delayed, avoiding the news so we didn't know the outcome. Harder for Sam, as he listens to NPR while he works.

BUT, with no commercials and skipping some of the commentary (although not all), and sometimes fast forwarding through the middle of a volleyball game, etc we could watch a 4 hour block in about an hour. :0)

Chad and Kathryne Reed said...

Yep.. we did the same.. but with our schedules, it still ended up keeping us up WAY too late.