So.. since it didn't appear that I was going to get a snow day.. I decided to get up and head into work. I left the house just after 7:00 and I hadn't driven 2 miles before it started to snow. By the time I was about 4 miles from the house, it was coming down pretty good and stuff was starting to stick -- even on the roads. I drove slowly and finally made it to work at 8:00 (it's normally a 20 min drive). Once I was at work, it really started coming down. By 10:00 our parking lot was about an inch deep in snow and at 11:00 it looked like I was going to have to dig my car out to get out. So.. after much debate (and sending my entire team home since they live elsewhere and the roads out of the Antelope Valley were closing right and left).. I decided to just come home before the roads got any worse.
So.. I got home about noon, opened the drapes on my big window in the family room, and watched the snow continue to fall. It's been falling non-stop since this morning and is supposed to continue into the night. While I can't say I'm much of a fan of driving in it (Chad, his mom and I tried to go to the movies and just being in the car as it was sliding around was enough to give me a heart attack), it is beautiful. Just standing on our front porch watching it come down made us feel like we lived somewhere other than a desert -- somewhere that actually has four seasons!! :-)
6 comments:
Wow! Your house looks like my house! Hopefully it doesn't ice over, that's the worst.
Fun! All we got was cold rain. Maybe I should head up north to see the snow.
You guys need to come visit us in Wyoming!!!! We have SNOW!!!! I always loved it when it snowed in Cali.
I was thinking of you when I heard the Grapevine overpass was closed. . .driving in snow scares me too (but Alan thinks that sliding around in the ice is fun)! Happy Holidays!
When I lived in Utah, we had a good snow and a guy from the ward came and asked "do you wanna do donuts?" I passed, but Crystal (my Chinese roomie) was all excited. She came home later and was totally freaked...she'd thought they were going to get donuts to eat...instead he took her to an empty parking on campus and "did donuts" in the car.
What a beautiful, little snowfall! The palm trees look awesome. Unfortunatly, shoveling my 6 inches this morning wasn't so exhilarating - and that's just the start of the weekend snow.
Post a Comment