The last two months have FLOWN by, and I've had little to no free time.. hence the blog silence.
So just what is it that I've been doing? The honest answer is nothing terribly exciting, but since you asked..
I've started planning for Girl's Camp. We're doing 'Ward Camp' this year, so, as the Ward Camp Director, I'm pretty much in charge of the entire thing. We're going to the beach near Santa Barbara which is going to be awesome and I'm actually pretty excitied about the entire thing. However, I'm beginning to realize just how much work it is to plan the whole thing.. I've been a tad busy trying to get things rolling, figuring out how to train the YCL's, picking a theme, finding large enough tents to put the girls in, finding someone to take care of food, choosing music, then transcribing the music I found cuz you can't actually buy it in sheet music form, thinking of craft and activity ideas, etc. etc. etc. It's been a little overwhelming, but I think I might be slowly digging myself out..
On a semi-related note, I've been teaching myself to play the guitar. This is something i've wanted to do for a while, and Girl's Camp seemed like a good enough excuse to learn. It's WAY harder than it looks, and I've learned that harp calluses and guitar calluses are definitely not the same. However, i'm getting better and can actually play some basic stuff which is exciting!! :-)
I started teaching piano lessons about a year ago when someone in our ward wouldn't take 'no' for an answer. Since then, I've taken on a couple more students. This winter, however, has taken the cake. I now have 8 students and have started turning people away because I just don't have time for any more. I teach two nights a week from about 6-9 and it's a little on the tiring side. However, it's definitely been a learning experience, and I am finding that I really do enjoy it.
I'm still trying to keep up on my flameworking (glass bead making) and spend several hours every weekend experimenting with glass in the garage. I got a kiln for Christmas (yeah!!) and have now successfully annealed one batch of beads (too many other things to do I guess.. just not enough time to torch!). I've also signed up to take some classes in Vegas at the end of the month during a big glass expo they have up there. I'm terribly excited!! :-)
In addition to all of the above, work has been insane, we've started on the landscaping in the back yard, I'm still taking harp lessons, and I got REALLY sick for about a week (even called into work -- not my norm).
Needless to say.. it's been a busy couple of months..
2 comments:
Your life is way more exciting than you think... all your hobbies - that's enough for like 5 people to do in a lifetime. but you do them all in this life plus be a real person. It's very applaudable.
You have been busy!! Are you making any heart-shaped pillows for camp? :-) I still remember those beautiful pillows with the lace trim that you made us. Thank goodness I had such a talented friend.
Post a Comment