Thursday, December 31, 2009

Molly

Introducing the newest addition to the Reed Family:



Her name is Molly and she's an 18-month-old Yellow Labrador Retriever. We've been wanting to adopt a dog since we moved into the new house, and finally had the time to actually sign up, get approved and wait for just the right one to come along.

We adopted her the weekend before Thanksgiving and she's definitely been a welcome addition to our home. She's mellow and loving and is pretty much content to sleep most of her day away. She loves people and follows us around like our little shadow. She's great with kids -- Tanner had lots of fun with her over Christmas and Steven and Nathanial have come to visit a couple of times and she's been great with all of them. Overall, you couldn't ask for a better dog.

For those of you still in shock saying to yourselves "Kathryne? Dog? What the heck?" (for those of you who don't know, I've been decidedly anti-dog most of my life). Chad has grown up with dogs and has been trying to talk me into having one since we got married. I had a convenient excuse at the old house -- we didn't have a back yard and no fence to keep it in. However, I've slowly warmed up to the idea over the years and once we got moved and settled, it just felt like the right thing to do.

Besides, I'm planning to be home by myself with the kids in this lovely house that has 10 entrances, most of which are glass, and I decided I could probably use the added security.

In just the short time she's been with us, she's made herself at home and we feel like she's one of the family.



No comments: