So.. since we now have plenty of land and (supposedly) I'll have more time to tend such an endeavor, we decided to plunge in and plant some fruit trees this spring.
We went all the way to Atascadero three weeks ago to pick up our bare-root trees and then spent all day Saturday planting them. We planted 15 trees in our little orchard and then helped Steven and Shanna plant 23 trees around their house. It was a LOT of planting for one day. But, thankfully, we had the help of a tractor to dig the holes, so it wasn't nearly as painful as it might have been.
Here are the impressive (ha ha!) pics of our little fledgling orchard. We still need to run the water and spread the mulch (pictured here in large mounds directly behind the trees). I know it doesn't look like much, but I have faith that one day in the not-too-distant future, it will bear fruit.. and lots of it. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment