So.. before I can catch up, I need to pick up a few loose ends. In going through my pictures, I realized that I missed two rather important Summer trips.
The first was a trip to AZ where we went out to Lake Mead for the day on Chad's cousin's Pontoon boat. While he wasn't a huge fan of the life vest we made him wear, Zach LOVED being on the water and even loved being in the water -- in spite of it being FREEZING cold. We were afraid that he wouldn't even go in. In order to prove us completely wrong -- he ran right in and fell down face first into it and came up laughing. It really was a beautiful morning out on the water and a refreshing break from the every day. We enjoyed our visit with Grandma and Grandpa Johnson as well before heading back home.
The second was Zach's first trip to the beach. We went to El Capitan up by Santa Barbara for the ward campout in mid-July. We took Lindsey with us (since they were visiting from TX), and went up early in the day so we could get in some beach time. Zach loved the water and playing in the sand.
By the end of the afternoon, he was covered inside and out with sand (he decided eating it was fun too), but he had a blast and that's all that really matters -- right?
No comments:
Post a Comment