Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!





Saturday was Mom's 70th Birthday. In order to properly celebrate this significant milestone, Chad & I drove to Phoenix to surprise her (and boy did we surprise her!). We had a big family dinner at Mike's house and everyone made it aside from those who live out of state. We had yummy food and were able to spend some good quality time with the whole family. It was a great weekend and we had a lot of fun (aside from the heat! Ick!!)



As part of her present, we called friends and family and had them contribute letters that we put into a book. I spent all last week assembling the messages and pictures. As I did so and was able to share in some of those sentiments, I was overwhelmed by the example of friendship, service, love and faith that she has been to me and all those around her in these many years. (Truth be told, I cried for hours one morning as I cut/pasted them all together and read segments here and there..) She is an amazing person and I am so lucky to be able to call her 'Mom'.

Happy Birthday Mom!! We love you!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

You do have an amazing mom! And you are a wonderful daughter to put all of that together for her.

It was great to hear from you. I'm glad to have this change to reconnect.

Love,
Sarah

ShelBailey said...

I'm sorry I missed it. :0(

I called her the next morning and she raved about the book, etc. I'm glad it turned out OK.

We'll plan the big bash for her 75th birthday.... Or better yet, a random one like 72, where she won't expect it.