Sunday, June 21, 2009

First Piano Recital

On June 4th, I had my very first piano recital.. ever.

I never actually had to perform in piano recitals growing up and so I've never performed nor attended one. However, I decided to try it with my students. We had it in Joni Swindlehurst's (our music coordinator in the ward who loves to throw parties / events..) living room on her beautiful old grand piano. I had 5 of my 9 students perform and it lasted all of 16 minutes. They all did wonderfully for the amount of time they had been playing. I was proud of all of them.

Now I am enjoying a two month hiatus from teaching while I prepare and go to girl's camp and pretty much just rest. We resume up again in August.

With any luck we'll have a repeat performance come next May.

Unfortunately, my camera wasn't really being terribly cooperative and I have yet to obtain any pictures from those who have promised them. However, as soon as I get some, I'll post them.

No comments: