Thursday, July 16, 2009

Girl's Camp

I survived!! :-)

After what seemed like an eternal preparation period, Girl's Camp flew by and is now a thing of the past.

It was an amazing trip that went WAY better than I could have even expected. The girls were awesome -- there was absolutely NO drama. I know, I know, hard to believe with 30 teenage girls, but I'm telling you we pretty much had zero issues. There was no drama with the leaders either, which is almost as miraculous.

It was ward camp, which means that, as Ward Camp Leader, my noble assistant and I planned and executed the entire thing. A LOT of work -- let me tell you.. just ask Chad. It seemed like weekend after weekend that we were doing something for camp. In spite of the work, I loved having just our ward together -- especially with all the leaders.

The food was amazing, the crafts were well received and well executed, the scenery was second to none (we were on a bluff overlooking the beach!!), the weather was cool in the mornings and sunny in the afternoon, which was perfect, the spirit was strong and the girl's really seemed to bond with the leaders as well as each other.

I have loved Girl's Camp my whole life -- both as a girl and as a leader. This year was definitely no exception.

It was a special week spent with some awesome people. Who could ask for more?



No comments: