The weekend before Girl's Camp, I hopped on a train from the AV down to San Diego to join Chad who had been down in San Diego all week at a convention.
We had a very eventful Friday.. starting with visiting the Aircraft Carrier U.S.S. Midway which has been docked in the harbor and turned into a floating museum. It was REALLY cool being able to explore the entire ship, climb down all the crazy ladders and experience what life on a boat that size must have been like. Definitely not anything I'm signing up for anytime in the near future.. that's for sure...
The deck is even loaded with planes and helicopters you can explore inside and out and there's a 360 degree flight simulator that Chad took advantage of (I was pretty sure that about the time I flipped upside down I would have lost my lunch)..
After the ship, we wandered around Seaport Village, where we borrowed a kite from the kite guy and had some fun although the wind wasn't terribly cooperative.
We then decided to head over to the Del Mar Fair, where we ate too much, spent way too much money and had an overall lovely time.
The next day.. well.. we ended up sleeping in, packing up and heading back up North. We did get to stop in Anaheim on the way and visit with Meesa, Trevor, Carter and Avry for a bit. We all went to Downtown Disney and had a lot of fun 'window' shopping and hanging out. It's always fun to see them!! :-)
It was then on to home for the final Girl's Camp prep.. I must have been crazy to take off the weekend before camp.. but I'm glad I went down.. it was definitely a needed break from the everyday craziness that has become life..
No comments:
Post a Comment