Sunday, February 21, 2010

Five Weeks

This weekend marks five weeks that I've been off work on 'Pregnancy Disability'. In some ways it feels like the time has flown, but I've been terribly grateful for the time it's given me to finish getting ready for our new little arrival as well as rest up for the big event to come.

For any of you wondering just what I've been up to for the past five weeks.. Lest you think I've been sitting around wondering what to do with myself, here's a quick synopsis of my activities:

I've been sewing, sewing sewing..

I made curtains for the nursery:



Matching bumper pads for the crib:



Made two Quilt Tops and tied/bound one of the quilts (the other is off at Aunt Sharon's house to get quilted):


(I know.. This one looks all wrinkled, but that's because I folded it up and put it in with the rest of the quilts before I took a pic.. I promise it's not that crazy in real life..)



I made three flannel recieving blankets (that were not nearly thrilling enough to take pics of) and a cute bag that originally was destined to be my diaper bag (until my niece gave me an awesome one for my baby shower), but now I'm thinking of using it as my Sunday tote..



In addition to all the sewing, I picked up and sorted out all the 'stuff' in the nursery; organized all the shower gifts and did some shopping to fill in the gaps. We re-hung the nursery shelves and got everything put back together:






Then I looked at the bare blue walls and decided to try my hand at some wall art. I saw some paper mosiac-type representations of nursery rhymes online and decided to see if I could do the same. Here are the results:










Add to all of the above: writing nearly 100 thank you cards (Thank you again to all of you who have been so generous over the past few months.. we truly have been blessed with wonderful and generous friends!!), doing our taxes, walking Molly every day, obtaining a libarary card and starting to read again (I can't tell you the last time I actually finished a book before last month), cleaning the entire house, keeping up on the laundry, and getting some rest in between, I have definitely not been at a loss of things to do.. which is just the way I like it. :-)

2 comments:

B. Surfer said...

Trev keeps talking about having a "working orchard". hahah - like Pres Hinckley - just something to have so our kids learn to work. Looks like we need to invest in a little bit more property to do that! When the time comes and your trees bare fruit, can i come and help you can? I'm dying to learn how to do it. (i know that sounds sarcastic, but i really do want to learn how.)

Sarah said...

How nice to have a little extra time to prepare and do fun projects. I'm glad you enjoyed your disability!!